04/12/2003

DVD Collections

Just recently I began to look at my ever expanding collection of DVDs. I remember when Digital Video Discs were being invented. I heard all the hype and wondered if they would ever catch on. They did. And 47 DVD sets later, I am still going strong. Let me see.... I don't have the collection in front of me, but I'll give a whirl in trying to think of the titles.... Anna and the King - Excellent remake of The King and I Annie - Good remake of a classic Bed of Roses - gak!! suppose to be a chick flick, but we're planning to get rid of it - so my collection? 47-1 Bugs Life - Funny, funny Chicken Run - Funny Clear and Present Danger - Good suspence Crime Scene Investigation (CSI) 2nd Season - One of my fav programs Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon Drunken Master - I love Kung-Fu Fighting! Family Man - Ho Hum... It's ok (Chick Flick) hehe Frequency - Intriguing story about life choices Gladiator - Great story - incredible graphics Ice Age - Cute, sorta funny movie Jonah - Veggie Tales - Trying to get our 'kid friendly' DVD collection going Jurassic Park - Loved it Jurassic Park 3 - Can we say 'smackendy-doich?' Knight's Tale - If you're a history purist - it's not for you Little Princess - Shirley Temple - Old classic LOTR - Need I say more? LOTR: Two Towers - wow. Matrix - Great action flick - awesome effects Matrix: Reloaded - ditto Michael Jordan: To the Max - I like b-ball & MJ Mission Impossible - Decent remake, it turned out to be 'Hi~ I'm Tom Cruise' kinda flick - although it was good... Monsters Inc - Funny movie Mummy - Good stuff Mummy 2 - Even better National Geographic: LOTR - Interesting history on LOTR & Tolkein Patriot - Great action flick - Classic Mel Gibson Pearl Harbor - Good story - too long - shoulda cut the 'love story' which made it too cheesy Peter Pan - Disney Quigley: Down Under - Very funny Tom Selleck movie - "Wow. That's good shootin', Tex." Recruit - Great action - good twists Reign of Fire - Not my first choice in movies, but it's ok Road to Perdition - Good/Sad drama movie - I loved it Sabrina - Good/Funny remake of a classic Shrek - hehe Signs - It's amazing what you'll find at yard sales.... Sixth Sense - Good suspense Snow White - Disney Spiderman - Another good adaptation of the comic book Superman - Great classic Swiss Family Robinson - Great adventure of a family Time Machine - Different, but good adaptation of the classic Toy Story - Funny, funny - great animation TS 2 - ditto Unbreakable - Another good suspense Xmen - Great adaptation of the comic book Hmm... I still have 1 or 2 that my bro borrowed. I forget which ones. I still have some more I want to get to add to my collection So roughly, that's 48 DVD sets and 70+ Discs

No comments: