30/09/2003

This post is in response to an interesting discussion on Chumpmonkey. This got me thinking and so I add my comments here (b/c Chumpmonkey is a technology driven 'organization' - not a theological/philosophical oriented 'organization'. I wouldn't say the United States is not mentioned at all in the "End Times" out right. Daniel 7:4 says: "The first was like a lion, and had eagle’s wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man’s heart was given to it." Think about this - The lion represents Great Britain while the Eagle's wings represent the United States. Part of it is our theological interpretation is from a specific paradigm - and there are times that pieces of information don't fit into that paradigm (i.e. the United States), thereby we dismiss that it exists or can not function in a particular circumstance/situation (End Times). Think about when people thought the earth was the center of our solar system (milky way) when in actuality the sun is the center. LOTS of data/info we knew back then (during the time of the old paradigm) did not make sense until we changed our paradigm (the new paradigm). I'm not necessarily subscribing to (nor dismissing) this idea so much as I am presenting it as 'Food for Thought'. And the more I think about it, the more thought that must be applied to it. I reserve the right to add to this 'discussion'. ok monologue. :)

No comments: