06/09/2003

We finally did it. We went for Direct TV. Best deal around, really; regarding TV channels. As you already know we had Charter and finally dropped them like a hot potato. My parents-in-law have Dish Network, but it seems the better deal is Direct TV. Direct TV's lowest level package still has more channels than Charter's second level. Direct TV has their lowest level package at $38.99. The funny thing is their second level package is $39.99. Yes, you read it right, $1 difference. I think you get almost 15 channels more for $1 more. So that's the package we went for. We went to Circuit City for our first visit to get pamphlets, etc... There deal was pay $100 right then and there, but get a $100 mail-in-rebate. Ok, I can live with that. We then went to Best Buy. There's a reason they have that name (ok, not for everything, but in this case it was true...). Best Buy had the same deal, and they had a $50 gift card thrown into the deal. I'm all for getting free money regardless of what shape or form :) So that's the scoop; although we don't have the service set up right now. We have to be contacted, then a service tech comes out and installs it on a specified day. No biggie. We've been without TV for a couple months now; so what's a couple more days? I miss my Tech TV, Fox News, ESPN, Speed, CSI (on CBS), and John Doe (on Fox). I get sucked into HGTV (Home and Garden Television), Discovery Channel, TLC (The Learning Channel), and a couple other channels because my wife likes those channels. Oh yeah, I like DIY Network (Do It Yourself) - when you're a homeowner someday (if you're not already) you'll understand :)

No comments: