01/10/2003

The Passion

There is only one true passion that makes a difference. Mel Gibson is finding that out. Mel Gibson's 'The Passion' is not the passion I'm talking about. It's what Mel Gibson's 'The Passion' is about - Jesus. Jesus has the one and only Passion that makes a difference (notice I am using the present tense...). Personally, I am looking forward to viewing this new epic movie. From the reviews I have read, people rave over it. Mind you, the sources I've read are from respected Christian organizations. There are others that deplore the movie saying it is anti-Semitic. The movie is scheduled to come out in February. To read more check out Worldnet Daily and Faith 'n' Film. An excerpt of the following article is very striking (at least to me): "We would all be well advised to remember that the Gospel narratives to which "The Passion" is so faithful were written by Jewish men who followed a Jewish Rabbi whose life and teaching have forever changed the history of the world." Some people say "The Passion" is anti-Semitic - on the contrary. The above statement counter-acts that way of thinking. Don't take my word for it. Nor take anything you hear as 'Gospel Truth'. Go See The Passion yourself. I know I will.

No comments: