30/08/2003

Today we received a visit from our neighborhood pests... err.. friends... umm. no.... umm.. Gospel challenged Jehovah's Witness (JW). Carrie told me that some JWs or Mormons were parked in front of our house going door to door. So I welcomed the opp gladly. It's been years since I had to think about JW/Mormon stuff - so I stuck to the easy discussion. I gave them the Gospel. It was a father/son duo (while his wife/daughter were annoying others in the community). Since I couldn't remember much about what they believe, I am definitely studying up on their cultic beliefs/practices and challenge them the next time they come. They're on my turf, they'll get my message... err.. God's message of salvation. In my reading/research of their cult (in my book "The Kingdom of the Cults") I began remembering some things. JWs believe Jesus Christ is not god and He was created by Jehovah. Basically, Charles Taze Russell (CT Russell) did not believe in eternal torment and had counterarguments on "the atonement" of Christ. He wrote some books with the 7th book causing a split in the organization after his death. Two groups emerged, a small group and a larger group which has now become "Jehovah's Witness". During this time JF Rutherford took over. Let me just say... they are messed up. I might post more later. If you haven't 'talked' to a JW/Mormon before, you will. You will. May God have mercy.

No comments: