12/11/2003

Why don't people think???

Don't get me wrong. I understand that people need to express their ideas, thoughts, and opinions. That's a given. I don't dispute that. My beef is why don't people think a little deeper than they do? One of the big issues is our occupation in Iraq. People say, "We shouldn't be there! We should transport our troops back to the states and let Iraq deal with itself!" Wow. People who say things like that don't think about what they are saying. On the surface I would have to agree that I would love for our troops to come back to the States and be back with their families. That would be wonderful! What is not wonderful is the uncontrollable affect that would manifest upon our own soil. Think about this: Our (combat-trained) troops are taking the brunt of these attacks. If we brought our troops back to the States, where do you think the attacks will end up??? Do you realize that their presence in Iraq protects us in the US from these attacks? I would also like to project that if this scenario was acted upon, the death toll would rise dramatically (on our soil). At the present time, the US military contends with a dozen terrorist attacks a day. Just think if the troops were back home I believe the number of terrorist attacks would go up (along with the death toll) and it would be in our own country. The only reason why we don't have any attacks now is the enemy is too busy fighting 'their war' in the backyard and can't deploy their 'fighting frenzies' anywhere else. With that in mind, I am very thankful they are where they are. I don't want any of them to lose their life, but they have placed themselves in that position, and for that I am thankful. Their presence in Iraq detours the attacks on us! On our soil. Yesterday was Veterans Day. Who celebrated it? I did in my own small way. I wore a blue shirt with American flags and white stars all over it. I will celebrate when our troops can finally come home again! They are keeping and protecting us from terrorist attacks. If you don't agree with our troops occupying Iraq, then you won't have any objection in giving your life in the multitude of attacks on our own soil. I'll even give the enemy your address..... Remember peace is not just the absence of war or conflict.

No comments: