14/01/2004

Blogging

Let me just say, right now, I ... like ... blogging. It's pretty cool. There is a problem with blogging though ... too ... much ... drivel (out there). A lot of people blog about what they ate for lunch, what time they got up this morning, and how many toes they lost during their annual polarbear swim in Marietta, WI. Who cares? Of course the story about someone losing their toes would be cool - although it's not good they've lost their toes, but it makes for a neat story - particularly if you're a Pastor/Preacher - of course I don't know how the story of losing toes ties into anything, but you'll figure that out.... But I digress... There are a couple purposes for blogging. 1. It is a good tool to let friends and family know how you are doing, what you up to, and that you are ok. This purpose is not for the general consumption of the populous (yes, I know populous is an ADJ, but I have chosen to use it as a N) :) 2. You have some good information that people can't get anywhere else. Or you actually have an opinion that counts in an industry. Or your information is highly specialized or in a niche market. I'm sure there are other purposes, but 90+% of the time blogs will fall into one of these purposes in one form or fashion. Now to my point of this post. Check out: The Entrepreneurial Mind - interesting viewpoints & opinions on Entrepreneurship. Another fav of mine is Lawrence Lessig - Professor of Law at Stanford Law School - When he posts, which isn't all the time... Two others are Wireless Doc - a Doctor's perspective of technology and the health industry - very neat insights... and Chumpmonkey! My good friend Allen's blog. I have other blogs I read, but I figured I'd highlight a few of my favs. Happy blogging!

No comments: