15/01/2004

Critical Condition

If you're like me (and most of you are), you don't watch Jeopardy. But I think it would have been neat to see Tom Walsh win it big on Jeopardy with a 7 game streak. (Remember, the 7 game limit has been raised this season. All past seasons were a limit of 5). It's interesting to read his account of what it was like to be on Jeopardy. "Well, all I can say is: I don't understand how it happened either. After the Jeopardy round, I was thinking, "I just won 6 games -- I can't be this bad, can I?" The buzzer is a fickle thing. I'd been through some hot streaks & some cold ones -- many of the hot ones coming at very opportune times -- but my futility for the first half of last night's game was incredible. Dave, & especially Meg, were just faster. But there's nothing you can do except hang in there & hope your luck changes in Double Jeopardy." It's an interesting read....

No comments: