04/07/2003

Southern Drivers - Part II Since I'm on the topic of Southern Drivers, let me tell you the true story of a woman who was driving while using her cell phone! Carrie (my wife) and I were on our way to do some errands. We got on Haywood Road (ok it was Edwards Rd - which is the same as Haywood < that's another thing - who gives one road 4+ names?? > and this girl was on my bumper the whole time while talking on her cell phone! ugh... blasted driver! You could tell she had no clue what was going on. I stepped on my brake a couple times to let her know she was too close (she could have nudged me and introduced herself, she was so close!). ok - while we're on the safety issue, how can you talk on a cell phone and still be cautious while driving??? This chick was no where near safe - nor cautious. In fact, she was in a hurry - so I decided I'd go slower than normal! If you want to get close to my bumper, I'll make it even easier for you! With pleasure! When we finally got onto a 4 lane road, this chick sped up and passed us. The funny thing was we pulled up right next to her at the next stop light - ahhh... the Great Equalizer! hehe - blasted female...errr... I mean Southern Driver! doh!

No comments: