08/07/2003

Well folks, I have no more inet access at home. If you must know, I was using Charter Pipeline. That service is decent (in and of itself), but the company has lots of problems. Shall I make a list? Glad you asked.... 1. Their billing rots. They actually owe me $120+ dollars because of me moving from our apartment to our new home. They keep telling us they can't transfer the $$ to our new account and they can't send us a check - umm... hello!! 2. If you were to call about an issue one day, and then call again one day after that (or even a week later), they will most likely not have record of your previous call(s). This happened numerous times. 3. They do not do their job. A friend of mine (Allen) left his apartment 2 months ago. He called to have the service disconnected, but guess what is still active (and thereby Allen is being charged for)? They told him they don't want to send someone to disconnect that single account. Ummm... let me translate: "I don't want to do my job!! 4. Another friend of mine was cancelling Charter. He purposely did not give them his forwarding address. He specifically asked them 'Am I caught up on payments with you?' - They in turn told him 'yes' - but lo and behold, they somehow got his new address and started sending him ficticious bills for amounts of money he did not owe. To have some fun, I conferenced my wife in on my conversation with the guy from Charter. We played good cop (my wife)/bad cop (me)....errr.. sorta... I then cited to him a couple of the above plus I told him that Charter's left hand has no clue what the right hand is doing. Do you want to know what he most likely put in his notes? "Customer unsatisfied with quality of service" - bah.... I'm going with Direct TV - sometime soon. Right now we're enjoying the silence that can only happen when you don't have cable :) hehe bah!

No comments: